Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hands


So recently we have been working on the hands.  These are more difficult then I originally thought, but the lecture that Amy gave I think helped although some of the fingers that I drew look a lot like sausages, even though I was really trying to avoid that and make sure to add "bumps" where the difference joint are in the fingers, but this proved to be very difficult for me.  I also hard a hard time drawing the thumb and getting to look realistic.  Amy mentioned during her lecture on the hands to connect the thumb down by the base of the palm, but again this proved to be difficult.  I guess I just figured that the hand would be easy to draw as we are so familiar with it and the bones seem much more easily seen within the hand then in other parts of the body. 
            When working on hands we also got to be our own models.  During class we paired up and took turns being the model and drawing the hands.  I now realize how hard it is to be a model.  My hand hot very cold pretty fast and extremely stiff.  I was very happy when it was my turn to draw and no longer and to hold my hand still. 
            I have included two drawings that I did during class time.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the finger so they do not look so much like sausages that would be great.  Any suggestions on improving the connection of the thumbs to the hand would be great also.  But I’m thinking the most beneficial thing that I can do to improve my drawing of the hands would be to practice.  


No comments:

Post a Comment