Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Final Blog Entry


This is my final blog post which is kind of sad yet very exciting at the same time.  Over the course of the semester in Life Drawing 1 I have learned a lot.  This was the first time that I had ever draw from life which proved to be challenging yet enjoyable.  I learned a lot about the figure, from drawing the figure, the lectures Amy gave in class, and building the manikin.
With this blog post I am also posting a picture of my last shell drawing that I completed.  For this shell drawing I found myself being more patient with the ink, and trying to leave some of the paper to reveal highlights in the shell.  I feel that I could have added more of the red ink into the drawing as it is a little bit lacking, but I think incorporated better then my previous shell drawing.  I worked on receding my shell into space on this drawing and feel I was much more successful in that then in previous drawings, although my horizontal horizon line does not help this. 
Overall I feel much more confident in cross-contour drawing as before this class I had worked very little with contours.  I now feel that I am able to see the contours within objects much more easily.  I feel that my gesture drawing have also improved a lot as I remember the first few times we did gesture drawing and not even being able to get half of the figure drawn before the time was up.  I have also worked on varying line weights, although I feel that I still need to work on this a bit, I am more aware of this and hopefully it will start to show in my drawings.  I feel that much of the knowledge that I gained throughout the semester will be applied in other classes and eventually be able to help me in my own classroom as a teacher one day. 

A collection of my course work can be found at the following link: 

2 comments:

  1. Your shell turned out really well. I like how you used the bright pink but used it with subtlety. It adds a nice little tough to really make your shell pop off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said in class.... this is a wonderful improvement from your last shell drawings! I especially love the pop of pink on the inside that adds just enough color that it almost glows! Your contours are very believable in the inside of the shell, and you create a very believable space with it!

    ReplyDelete