Monday, December 20, 2010

Manikin Completed!



I finished my manikin!  This is really exciting as it has been an on-going project all semester.  I have included a few photos of the completed project, but more pictures can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/55288360@N02/sets/72157625292619872/.  On the last day of class we all brought in our manikins to have Amy look at them and give suggestions for improvement before she gave us a final grade for it.  Overall I only had a few minor things to fix on my manikin, which I did in a few hours before our final critique.  I am pretty please with the way that my manikin turned out.  I think the time and effort that I put into it definitely shows in the craft and accuracy of the muscles.  In the final muscles that we competed we had to cover the spinal column which proved emotionally difficult for me as I had worked very hard to make a wonderful spinal column and was sad that all my hard work got covered up. 
I believe that the manikin has really helped me in drawing the figure.  I know understand the muscle composition, which many times can be seen in the model.  I have also notice when I am working out or I have a muscles that becomes sore I think back to my manikin and try to imagine which muscle it may be that I am feeling. 
I also think that this project helped me as I think I work better in 3D sometimes.  I think that as a future Art teacher I need to remember to incorporate different types of learning like Amy has done in the figure drawing class.  Overall, I have nothing but good things to say about the long process of completing my manikin.

1 comment:

  1. I think your muscles turned out really great! they look really proportional and have great shapes to them! I really struggled with my Maniken, glad to see yours turned out so great :)

    ReplyDelete