Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mid-Term Reflection


            During the first half of the semester in life drawing one, the thing that I have improved the most upon is my understanding of the body and the different parts that make up such a complicated form.  I have begun to look much closely at the human figure and have found that working on a long pose for 2 hours can easily be done, and I even find myself wishing I had more time. 
            At the beginning of the semester I remember how long a half hour drawing would be.  Long Drawing 3 (click here to view) was a drawing that I did in two hours.  I still feel like there was a lot more I could have done to this drawing to make it more successful, including some more measuring of angles.  I found this drawing to be difficult because the model was positioned above my eye level.  For shortening is something that I struggle with, but in Long Drawing 2, (above) I feel that I was able to capture the figure from the foreshortened angle pretty affectively.
            Gesture drawing is a successful was of refamilirizing myself with the figure each day at the beginning of class.  A short drawing that I try to put as much accurate information into.  In Gesture 3 (click here to view) I have included the spinal column, rib cage, and some of the pelvic bone structure. 
            During the next half of the semester I want to continue to work on improving my accuracy with drawing the figure.  I was to gain an understanding of all the major bone structures to help me better draw the whole figure.  I would also like to improve my gesture drawings as to include much more information then what I am currently including.  Also, my homework assignment (click here to view) definitely needs a second attempt as I feel that I did not portray my shell very well during my first attempt.

1 comment:

  1. this long drawing reminds me of Kasamir Malevich's earlier paintings... except there isn't any color... he used cylindricaly rendered forms to compose people...

    ReplyDelete