Saturday, October 16, 2010

10-16-10

I know it has been a while since I have written, and I apologize for that.  Since I last wrote we have started to work on both the abdomens and the hips.  We have created both sets of muscles on our manikins.  For these muscles I used both my atlases from the resources center and the website Visible Body.  After working on our manikins we then focus on adding the specific set of muscles into our drawings of the model.  I am beginning to see how it is helpful to sculpt the muscles in clay before we begin to work on drawing that part of the body on the model.  I feel that I have a better understanding of what is going on with the body and this makes it more helpful when drawing. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one whose been a bit delinquent in keeping up with the blogs... I too am starting to see the correlation between creating the muscle groups in clay and being able to recognize how to transfer that to the paper.
    Here's to hoping we stay up to date..

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you like the Visible Body website? I thought that might be really helpful because I have a hard time visualizing all the different muscles together when they only show one on a page. I still have to redo my back! Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I didn't really see a correlation between having to sculpt muscles and drawing them. I think i'm being proven wrong though, I've found that by understand what's under the skin it is easier to draw a person correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy using the visible body website. I think it helped a lot when I re-did my spinal column. I did not find it helpful however when doing the quads, as it showed all the the quads together and there was no option to just see a portion of them. So overall I think it can be helpful during portions and not so much during others.

    ReplyDelete