Saturday, September 11, 2010

A little bit about Katie...

Hey Guys!

So I'm just going to write a little bit about myself so everyone can get to know me a little bit better!  First of all I attend Stout and am majoring in Art Education with my emphasis in Drawing.  I decided to major in art when I was probably a junior in high school taking electives and found myself in the art room everyday for probably half the day.  This is when I realized I was passionate about art and this was something I could see myself pursuing in the future. 

My first art course at Stout was drawing in which I saw a lot of improvement in my skills.  This was very fun for me and this is also when I realized that drawing would be my emphasis.  My favorite course so far has probably been Drawing 2 in which I was able to use color in my drawings which made it very fun for me.  I really enjoy working off of still lives, so I found myself struggle in my Drawing 3 course. 

I am very excited about Life Drawing 1 as I have never took a human biology class so I expect to learn a lot of the human structure and muscles.  I also have tried to draw people in the past, I feel that I failed miserably and that this class will help my succeed in drawing people which I am very excited about! 

After I graduate in Spring of 2012 I hope to find a job teaching art.  Right now I see myself teaching high school art courses.  But I am very excited student teaching and am totally open to the idea that I may end up wanting to teach something other than high school and I will not be totally sure until I am in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment