Tuesday, September 21, 2010

9-21-10

So I was very nervous about class today as it would be my first time drawing from a model.  We started drawing 30 second gesture drawing of different positions of the model.  We eventually moved into 1 minutes increments.  After doing these gesture drawings for a while we did one long 30 minute drawing.  I felt much more comfortable with the model at this point and it didn't even phase me.  Instead I found my self really intrigued with the lines of the body and trying to see the spinal column.  Drawing a contour drawing proved difficult for me as I just wanted to draw the outlines and a few of the major features; however, I feel that I improved a lot on this my the end of the class period.  After having a taste of drawing from the model I am kind of disappointed that we will not be working with a model again on Thursday, but instead we will be starting work with our clay models of the muscle structures.  At this point the clay muscles structure seems a bit overwhelming, but I try to remind myself that we are just working on it one muscle at a time and this begins to seem more manageable for me.  I think that about it.  I have also uploaded a couple photos of some of the drawings I did in class, it will be interesting to see how these drawing compare to what I will be doing at the end of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment