Sunday, September 19, 2010

During Life Drawing One Class on Thursday the 16th, we looked at the spinal column.  We used the skeletons to look at the way the spinal column curves and to get an idea of how the curve looks from different angles as the skeleton rotates.  I was surprised at how large the curves in the spinal column are and I think this is definitely something that I need to understand and be able to fully show in my drawings in order to successful in this class.  The other thing that was really surprising for me as I was drawing the skeletons was how large and far the rib cage sticks out from the spinal cord.  This is something that I also feel will be important to keep in mind when it comes to drawing the model.

Next class we will be drawing from the model, I am really excited about this.  This will be a completely new experience for me.  I feel that through class time and through the open studios on Tuesday evenings I will be able to get the hang of drawing the model by the end of the semester.

1 comment:

  1. I was also quite surprised but the curves in the spine and the depth of the rib cage. I don't have much knowledge under my belt of the human body; but in most pictures that I have come across, whether they be in a book or on tv, you see the human skeleton form a front view. Seeing the curves and sizes from a different perspective is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete